I'm in need for female (nude) models in the LA area...any help will be greatly appreciated.
The more recent works, the two panel works, are autobiographical in nature. They tell a story in sequence (in 2009) starting with MY RELIGION, then ABORT, AFRAID and currently WHORE; torturous, destructive and often painful ï¿½ sprinkled with a sense of humor and the smell of sex. Nevertheless a ...
The more recent works, the two panel works, are autobiographical in nature. They tell a story in sequence (in 2009) starting with MY RELIGION, then ABORT, AFRAID and currently WHORE; torturous, destructive and often painful ï¿½ sprinkled with a sense of humor and the smell of sex. Nevertheless a story about me, my interactions, and my faults. Both panels complete the tale and must be viewed as a whole.
The left panel always convey my part. Often in states of immorality, guilt, badinage, sex and boozeï¿½colored in black and white. I chose to depict myself as a woman because I find the female form to be the engulfment of everything artistic and earthly. A woman is the perfect line, the irrepressible graceful form, the velvet texture and the intoxicating smell. It is the closest thing to a god I know. Yet, the irony is that it is completely opposite of me.
The right panel is the panel I refer to as the strong sideï¿½the right arm. The hero of our story. She is never the ï¿½victimï¿½ as has been described, she is the embodiment of strength. She lived through itï¿½she survivedï¿½ she almost always rides off in the sunset.
If you look closely you will find text scribed into the canvas that help carry the storyline.
Additionally, please donï¿½t take my words too literally, they are only thoughts and experiences by my termsï¿½I color them to my benefit. This is my artist statement for an entire series in which only three are finished and posted (a fourth soon). This statement submits the viewer to the context and foundation of why the works are createdï¿½a road map if you will. It is not a statement Per Se about a specific piece nor is is a statement on my emotional connection to a specific piece, the series, myself, my day, or for life in general; its speaks only to the schematic side of the viewerï¿½in hopes that they bring the emotional side to the work.
This is the breakdown in work comprising the narrative 11 work series titled COMA. Keep in mind that the work is created in sequence as the events flowered over an irrepressible 8 months.
Let me recap on the finished work:
1. ï¿½My Religionï¿½(painted) ï¿½ It speaks of how I usurped my faith with the ï¿½fleshï¿½
2. ï¿½Abortï¿½(painted) ï¿½ Tales the tale of the name with her pain and my shame.
3. ï¿½Afraidï¿½(painted) ï¿½ Speaks of the time right after the abortion and my mental vacancies and her physical pain.
4. ï¿½Whoreï¿½(painting in progress) ï¿½ She was still involved with her old boyfriend and was not necessarily honest with meï¿½my thought on the subject.
5. ï¿½Fuck Youï¿½(ink study) ï¿½ One night after a night of many cocktails, she called me a pussy. I realized she was rightï¿½she had a hold on me and it fucking pissed me off. ï¿½How did I loose myselfï¿½this shit doesnï¿½t happen to meï¿½ï¿½ is all that rang in my head.
6. ï¿½Suicideï¿½ (ink study)
7. ï¿½Helpï¿½ concept
8. ï¿½Bleedï¿½ concept
9. ï¿½Funeral for my faithï¿½ concept
10. ï¿½Drowning Manï¿½ concept
11. ï¿½Againï¿½ concept