Description: MS Oldenburg is a British ferry serving the island of Lundy in the Bristol Channel.
The Oldenburg was named after the formerGrand Dutchy of Oldenburg, Germany, and launched on the 29. 03. 1958 in Bremen. On the 6 August she was delivered to Deutsche Bundesbahn Schiffsdienst Wangerooge, used as a ferry service between the mainland and the Frisian island of Wangerooge.She was first chartered by and then sold to Reederei Warrings in 1975 for duty-free shopping cruises around East Frisia. In 1982 she was sold to Harle-Reederei Warrings in Carolinensiel, Lower Saxony, Germany.
In November 1985 she was sold to the Lundy Co. Ltd. to replace Lundy's transport boat, the Polar Bear. After a refurbishment at Appledore Shipyard and receiving new engines in 1986, she began her journeys for passengers and supplies to the island of Lundy.